Tuesday, January 1, 2013

NYE 2012

Last night Mike and I went over to Karna and Paul's for NYE. It was laid back and fun. We had meatballs, bacon-covered, cream cheese-stuffed dates, shrimp, and a chicken-kale salad. Not bad for throwing it together last minute! We played with Wyatt (who was in a great mood! he had his 2nd birthday on the 28th)

Bacon-Covered, Cream-Cheese Stuffed Dates:

Stuff pitted dates with a bit of cream cheese. Wrap with 1/2 strip of bacon. Place on tray, bake at 400 degrees for about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and turn over with tongs. Bake for another 5 minutes or so, until the bacon is nice and brown.

Becky Reynold's Meatballs:

1 bag frozen meatballs
1 jar chili sauce
1 jar grape jelly

Put all ingredients in slow cooker, cook until hot! (I did not have enough time to let the meatballs slowly heat up so I cooked them on the stovetop for about 15 minutes then transferred them to the slow cooker)

Kale/Chicken Salad:

1/2 bunch kale
olive oil
balsamic vinegar
cooked chicken
feta
apple, chopped

Massage the kale with a couple tablespoons of olive oil for 2-3 minutes (a tip I got here) Add a couple tablespoons vinegar, the chicken, a bunch of feta, and the apple. YUM!! Usually I put raisins or dried cherries in it, but Karna didn't have those but she had and apple - so we used it and it was great!

Today is our anniversary! Happy 2 years my love! Here's to many many more!!

1 comment:

  1. That kale salad sounds delish. I went through a kale phase a few months ago and I think I may have a relapse. :)

    ReplyDelete