Saturday, June 15, 2013

Things are Happening

A few things that have been happening around here. First, and most exciting: we are in the process of buying a house!! I can't believe it, I am so excited. We will be moving back to the northwest side, back to the old hood. I have been addicted to pinterest boards on home decorating and landscaping. I have so many ideas floating around my head, I think Mike is getting a little freaked out thinking he is going to be working on projects every weekend. I reassured him that these are just ideas. Here it is:



A couple weeks ago Karna and I were talking about making a trip to Ikea after she finds out the gender of her baby and we move in to the house. Well, talking about Ikea made me think of their meatballs. Then I had to have meatballs. This was on a Sunday. So after church I asked Mike to drive me to Detroit for Ikea meatballs. He refused....the nerve! So I decided to make meatballs. Then I decided I should make a little smorgasbord! I made rice pudding, cheesy potatoes (I don't think they are Swedish, but we always have them with our Swedish smorgasbords), and pulled out a loaf of limpa from the freezer I had made a week or two earlier. Here is a picture of our smorgasbord, and boy did it hit the spot!



And now on to what has been made for the baby. The day we announced the gender my wonderful mother-in-law gave us a beautiful hand-knit blanket. It is so soft and cozy, I know the babe will love it. And I love hand made gifts!


It has become a tradition that my mom makes diaper bags for us. They are so much cuter than any you can buy at the store. I love this chevron fabric she picked out for mine. The picture is terrible, the colors are much cuter in real life.

                         


And now a little something I made for my little bundle of joy - a sleep sack! It is made from a pattern in Anna Maria Horner's Handmade Beginnings. I love that book! I have made so many of the projects and they all turn out beautifully. This sleep sack is going to be so nice, with its flannel lining and fleece binding. 


That's all for now!


1 comment:

  1. YAY! A new post!! :)

    Looooove all your handmade items! What a cute sleep sack! I can't wait to hear more about the house and see pics of the inside!!

    Miss you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete